Saturday, May 14, 2016

Gone



Aaron went to be with the Lord May 11, 2016.  This picture is of Aaron's baptism when Michael and I vowed to raise Aaron as a Christian and to know God. In Aaron's final days, he very much enjoyed me reading the Bible to him. He would ask questions and we had great discussions.

Aaron had a few true loves in life: his Mom, his Papa, trains, cooking and his puppies.  Aaron left the earth surrounded by everything he loved.  Michael and I held him in our arms until he took his last breath and his heart stopped beating.  He had his trains playing and held onto his Pupster.  He passed quickly.  It was just the three of us which is what he would have wanted.

Aaron was cremated. Some of his ashes are in a train urn. The rest Michael spread over the train yard where we spent countless hours watching trains. Michael said that there were more trains than he has ever seen at the train yard after Aaron passed.

We miss him like crazy.  We know he is all around us and will never be forgotten.  As he was leaving, I told him to go chase the trains.  I will never be able to hear a train without thinking of my baby in heaven.

We will not be having a memorial service.  We are making a memory book and would like more than anything for everyone to submit fun stories of Aaron.  Please remember him as the funny, happy, stubborn, passionate and intelligent person he was.  He was not defined by his illness. He did not lose any battles.  He lived!  He accomplished more in six years than some do in a lifetime.  He spent every day doing what he loved. His life was not easy, but he did everything asked of him.  He was a happy kid and full of laughter.  We are so very proud of Aaron.

The pain in my heart is present, but I feel less pain now.  Seeing Aaron suffer the last few months was more painful than letting him go. He is free now. He is happy. He is home.



Memory book. Submit to:
Gretchenerose@aol.com
Or
Kterose@aol.com

I will let everyone know when it is available to order.  The more stories the better.  Everyone asks what they can do for me. This is it. Take a few moments to recount the fun times and the moving moments so I can recount them for the rest of my life.

1 comment:

  1. I was always so tickled and impressed by Aaron's interest in the cooking channel as well as the trains. He was so knowledgeable, and could recite facts about each. He was not afraid to tell me when I called a train by the wrong name. He was certainly the expert! I will always remember Aaron for his strong will and intelligence. My thoughts are with your family at this time.

    ReplyDelete