Sunday, April 24, 2016

In the ICU

Aaron has been struggling to breathe the past week. He was transferred to the ICU yesterday. Every so often, he says "I feel weird".  No one knows exactly what this means but wonder if he feels light headed And nauseous.  He has been put in a high-flow nasal canula at a low setting. This setting has increased slightly over the past 24 hours.

He has retained a lot of fluid over the last two months. We hope that removing the fluid will help his breathing. Despite stopping iv fluids and having diuretics scheduled 3-4 times a day, he has not lost any fluids yet.

I am fortunate to have the absolute best sitters looking after Aaron. Claire and Lynn are sisters and two of the most amazing individuals in this universe.  I do not have any leave from work. I don't earn any until June. These girls love Aaron and allow me to work knowing he is being cared for.

My heart is in pieces as I face the possibility of losing him for the third time. I feel like my whole world is crashing down.

1 comment:

  1. Chandelle, I'm sorry to see this news and hope that he will turn around quickly. <3 <3

    ReplyDelete